What a weirdly interesting year 2016 turned out to be.
I’m not going to say that it was terrible, but overall it wasn’t. But there were a lot of terrible celebrity deaths. (CARRIE FISHER?! ugh) There were some terrible dates. There were some terrible situations. There were some terrible people. My dog died. My biological father died. My chickens got killed. My heart was broken. My life, at times, felt like it was over.
My family grew. My fondness of makeup grew. There were some good dates. I met fun new people. I learned to be okay by myself. My faith grew. My happiness grew abundantly. My life went on. We got a new puppy. We have chickens. I pretty much have everything I want and the ability to get whatever else I want at a whim.
So while my blog definitely took the back burner… My life didn’t collapse. In fact, it continued in a whirlwind of crazy. It only is starting to feel like things are calming down. I’m sure you’ve all noticed even a lack of my instagram posts – and we all know how much I love and adore instagram – It’s been so crazy that I haven’t even WANTED to post things on Instagram. But, I have goals. I have plans. I have things I want to write about. So, here I am. I am going to write my 2017 goals down and hopefully I’ll keep to them better than my last year’s goals. 😉
- Blog More
- I’m not going to put a set amount on this because we all know that I won’t be able to keep it. If it were up to me, I’d post daily and not do anything else but unfortunately, life gets in the way of those sorts of goals. So, I’m going to post MORE … I’m just not sure how much more.
- Be Braver
- I am almost 30 years old. I just barely, a couple of weeks ago, went to a movie alone for the first time in my entire life. I’m afraid to do things by myself. Not because I’m afraid of being alone.. I’m afraid of what people think. I want to be braver. I want to be okay being alone. I want to not care what people think.
- Grow My Lipsense Business
- Ew. Okay but I am like almost 30 and kind of really just want to be in a serious relationship and/or married. The struggle is so real, guys. SO REAL. Here’s the catch though. I don’t do online dating. Meaning, like match.com and stuff.. that’s out of the question. So, that means we have to rely on my awkwardly adorableness to get a date. It’s not working out well so far… Obviously. I guess this means that I have to 1) be more social and 2) let people set me up on blind dates. (EEK!) Will any of this happen? I’m not really sure. But, if I learned anything this last year it’s that I’m a relationship type of girl and I just want to be with someone that is going to treat me the right way. I don’t think that’s too much to ask for. Right?
- Take more pictures.
- I already take a lot of pictures but I want to take more. That’s always a goal.
What are your goals this year?