As you know, I’m a big supporter of shopping small businesses. Especially around the holidays. As a small business owner, I can tell you that when you shop small businesses, you’re helping pay for bills, Christmas presents, and in my case, coffee. I’ve compiled a list of small shop owners that I think you’ll really enjoy. And just to be clear, I don’t get anything out of you shopping at any of these (Unless it’s Cheaha Soaps… that’s my business. haha) But these are fellow bloggers and friends that have etsy/storenvy shops that I know would benefit from you ordering.
|Store Name/Hyper Link
||Coupon Code if any
||TheNerdyFox (25% off)
||Soaps and Beard Products
|True Vine Gifts
||Handmade Gifts for the Wine Love (HELLO!)
|The Geek Forge
||One-of-a-kind, hand-crafted geek accessories and fashion. 15% of all profits go to http://www.heroinitiative.org/, a charity which helps comic book artists.
||I sell a variety of printed gifts with my Scribbleprint artwork and humorous designs: shirts, ornaments, stationery, baby items.
|Nerdette At Large
||Gently used Geeky Apparel, and Much Loved Comic Books.
||I sell handmade items for a more eco friendly home, such as: face scrubs, laundry dryer balls, and laundry detergent.
||turkey2015 for 15% off any purchase
||Watercolor paintings of landscapes and colorful patterns, collages that feel like dream worlds infused with with whimsical and historical influences, and photography created by hand using old fashioned film processes are all available for those who want a bit more beauty in their lives.
||Free sample(s) included in every full-sized order!
||I handcraft cruelty-free, vegan, sensitive-skin-friendly mineral makeup inspired by novels.
||shop1980something blends together an entire decade worth of stuff (and then some) into one totally rad Etsy shop. From clothes to toys and everything in between!
||An independent artist (that I (The Nerdy Fox) went to school with!) You can find her at various conventions and online.
||A local stencil and spray paint artist!
||Amazing geeky themed candles!
Want to see yourself on this list? Fill out this form and I’ll get you added!
Welcome to Things I Love Thursday (TILT) – a weekly roundup of things I’ve found on the internet that I love! Be sure to stop over at Kimi Who and read her post. She’s pretty much the coolest chick and my blog BFF! Just a few reminders – you can write your post on any day, it doesn’t have to be Thursday! We love looking through everyone’s posts and seeing what we’ve missed this week on the internet. Use the hashtag #TILT and tag us (@WhoisKimi and @TheNerdyFoxBlog on Twitter. @KimiWho and @TheNerdyFoxBlog on Instagram) Make sure you get that button on your post and link up with us! Tag me (@thenerdyfoxblog) in your TILT tweet and I’ll retweet you! (Or share it on Facebook if you tag me!)
This week I’m going to write about what I’m thankful for in a short and sweet little post.
I’m thankful for:
- My Family – most of all my children. It might be the hardest thing I’ve ever done but each and every day, I’m thankful that they’re mine.
- The chance to be around my family. For about 6 or so years, I didn’t live by my parents. It was really hard and I’m glad that I get to be close to them now.
- My new friends. I hated Alabama for a long time. I’ve made some really amazing friends and that’s made a world of difference. I actually enjoy being here.
- I’m thankful that I get to write and pursue my dreams. I have an etsy shop that is doing amazingly well, I have a blog that is doing great. These are things that I never thought I would accomplish simply because I’ve never been given the opportunity to actually pursue those dreams. I still want to write a book, and maybe someday I will. But for now, I have my blog and that’s more than enough. I always have wanted to make soap and have a shop with my mom. We’re half way there. Maybe someday we’ll be able to actually have a store front that it just filled with our soaps and bath products. But for now we have etsy and local markets and we’re doing so well. So I’m thankful and happy.
- I’m thankful for my reader. Yes, all of them… even the ones that leave me mean comments. I read every single comment I get. I know who my regular readers are and I know who my trolls are. I’m thankful that I’m at a point in blogging where it doesn’t upset me as much to get a mean comment. I’m also thankful that despite the mean comments I’m flooded with nice things by my regular readers! Seriously, without you guys, my blog would be nothing. I’m planning on writing a lot more. Things in my life have calmed down. You’re awesome and I love you!
- I’m thankful for Social Media. I know, crazy, huh? I love instagram. I don’t know what I’d do without it. Plus, I’ve met some really awesome people because of social media. So, yay!
That’s my short and sweet list. You can add your thankful list OR your TILT post below!
[inlinkz_linkup id=584959 mode=1]
My Etsy Shop is having a black friday sale. You can stop by and look around, if you’re wanting to try natural, homemade soaps!
Tell me what you’re thankful for in the comments below!